Click here for home page

Click here

Contact Us | Customer Information | Privacy Policy | Audio Help

Main Menu
Submit a review
Album Reviews
Book Reviews
DVD Reviews
Sign up for newsletter
Get Your EMail Address
Submit your website
DECEIVER ‘Riding With The Reaper’ (2005)


Well I had to put a couple of cotton buds in my ears while listening to, 'Riding With The Reaper'.

To clear out any obstruction that might be tainting my judgement. The reason you ask ?

If I'd been slightly drunk, I might, just might have mistaken Deceiver for the mighty Iron Maiden, circa first 2 album, with Paul D'Anno on vocals. Whether this is deliberate or not, there is only one band I can think of while listening to Deceiver.

The vocals of Destormo are even like that of a more rough sounding D'Anno. The music is 90% Iron Maiden/Killers, with the other 10% made up of Judas Priest, Motorhead and even a splash of Venom thrown in for good measure. For the most part Deceiver are an enjoyable listen, but towards the end of the album, the novelty factor was begining to fade away.

If it's the classic metal sound the 80's that you yearn for then, Deceiver are essential listening. Then again, if you are like me and prefer the original and the best, then 'Riding With The Reaper', is a good excuse to dig out the recordings of the bands that Deceiver pay homage to here.


Review by Graham Boyle

***** Out of this world | **** Pretty damn fine |
*** OK, approach with caution unless you are a fan |
** Instant bargain bin fodder | * Ugly. Just ugly

Featured Artists
Artist Archive
Featured Labels
Label Archive
Do you want to appear here?

get ready to rock is a division of hotdigitsnewmedia group